Why Newspaper Websites?
Newspaper websites reach record audience in first quarter.
Newspaper companies drove record traffic to their websites in the first quarter of 2010, attracting an unprecedented 74.4 million unique visitors per month on average - more than one-third (37 percent) of all Internet users. This new record follows the strong audience newspapers delivered in last year’s fourth quarter, with newspaper websites drawing an average of 72 million unique visitors per month during that period.
Click here for the rest of the article.
Scarborough latest Research reports…
- 74% of U.S. Adults, or nearly 171 million people, read a newspaper, in print or online during the past week.
- Newspapers are still read in print or online by a critical mass of adults in the U.S. on a daily and weekly basis.
- Newspaper WEB SITES jumped from 27.1% of all U.S. internet users in the first 6 months 2004 to 41.8% of all internet users in the first 6 months of 2009
The analysis of Scarborough audience data not only indicated that newspapers are being read by a majority of adults in print and online, but also that these Integrated Newspaper Audiences continue to attract educated, affluent readers. (In an average week) Integrated Newspaper Audience is the percentage of adults in the market who read the printed newspaper over 5 weekdays or on Sunday, or visited the newspaper’s website(s) or did both in the past seven days.
- 79% of adults employed in a white collar position read a newspaper in print or online
- 82% of adults with a household income of $100,000 or more read a printed newspaper in print or online
- 84% of adults who are college graduates or who have advanced degrees read a newspaper in print or online
According to a separate study by Nielsen Online for the Newspaper Association of America, between the first half of 2004 and the first of 2009, newspaper WEB SITES’ total unique audience almost doubled from a monthly average of 41,147,206 to 71,831,867
For more information about NYPS online services call Dianne Mincher at 518-464-6483 ext. 17 or email@example.com.